Note that there is a flight of stairs to the office. Upstairs #5 – 375 – Fourth Ave., Kamloops, BC V2C 3P1 Ph. 250-318-7524
A Confidential Patient History Form is required for your treatment. Please download, print and bring with you to your first appointment or come a few minutes early to your first visit to fill out a copy at the office.
Cancellations require 24 hours notice, or may be subject to a cancellation fee. Please be considerate of other patients and your therapist by giving us as much notice as possible of any cancellations. Sometimes we can get someone waiting in on short notice, so please always let us know (fee waived if space is filled).
If you are sick, there is no fee to cancel, so please do be considerate of your therapist and other patients and reschedule your appointment. When you are fighting an infection we recommend rest, fluids and whatever immune support works best for you, in lieu of a treatment.
Please refrain from wearing fragrances or other strong-scented body or hair products while visiting this office.
Cash and credit (Visa, Mastercard and Amex) are accepted for payment.
Many private health plans cover Registered Massage Therapy. Please check with your insurer to confirm your coverage and any requirements they may have. You do not need a physician’s referral to see us, but your plan may require one for coverage. You will find your therapist’s College of Massage Therapists Registration number on your receipt — which your insurer requires for treatment coverage.
Wendy McLean is an Opted-Out practitioner under BCMSP, so you are required to pay for your treatment directly; billing to MSP is submitted for you and if you qualify under Premium (low income) Assistance , MSP will then reimburse you $23 per visit — usually in 2–3 weeks by mail.
Patients eligible for MSP Coverage under Premium Assistance will have 10 treatments per calendar year partially covered under their BC CareCard. This includes any combination of treatments from a Registered Massage Therapist, Physiotherapist or other supplementary health benefit (e.g. chiropractic, acupuncture, naturopathy and non-surgical podiatry). Please inquire with BCMSP directly to confirm your coverage under Premium Assistance if you are unsure about your coverage under this program.
Planet – Friendly:
Body: Healthy maintains eco-responsible practices, because I believe that personal health cannot be separated from planetary health. The office is free of all toxins and fragrances as possible. Body: Healthy also practices:
- use of recycled paper, packaging material, and other recycled products
- recycle and reuse where possible
- use only biodegradable cleansers and other products
- support local and environmentally responsible businesses
- recycle electronic hardware and batteries in a safe, eco-friendly manner
- donate and/or are actively involved in environmental and social justice activities
- use high-efficiency electrical, electronic products and appliances and employ energy-saving practices as possible
- use water-efficient products and appliances and water-saving practices as possible
- choosing products and materials of lower embodied energy where possible