Body: Healthy is located in Sahali, South Kamloops, inside Mighty Oak Midwifery
(Upstairs in the LEFT corner of Tudor Village) Suite 503, 1315 Summit Drive, Kamloops, BC V2C 5R9
With gratitude and respect I acknowledge that I live, work and play within the ancestral, traditional and unceded territory of the Secwe̓pemc Nations.
~ Clinic Attendance Policies ~
Body: Healthy is maintaining the previously mandated, now recommended contagious disease policies for medical offices. Please respect the health of your therapist and other patients by following these requirements if you wish to attend the clinic.
A medical mask is still required in the office and treatment room, regardless of vaccination status.
PLEASE POSTPONE YOUR APPOINTMENT: if you are experiencing a new onset of symptoms consistent with COVID-19, the flu, a common cold, a stomach virus or any other symptoms that could be from a contagious disease or have been in close contact with someone who is sick or who has tested positive for COVID-19.
- All patients are required to wear medical three-layer masks throughout their visit – (basic/surgical) or better (ie not fabric) and will be provided with one if necessary
- Patients are asked to wash or sanitize their hands upon entering the clinic
- Your therapist wears a N95 mask in treatment room and clinic
- Time is allowed between appointments to allow for sufficient cleaning and ventilation of treatment room between patients
- Cleaning protocol and procedures exceed the recommended BCCDC guidelines
- A HEPA filter air cleaner is provided in treatment room
- Booking, receipts and payments are all offered online
- Patients are asked to enter the waiting room no earlier than 5 minutes prior to treatment
- Patients fill out an infectious disease screening form on the day of their appointment and do not attend if they have any symptoms of any kind of potentially contagious illness or have been in close contact with someone who is ill or whom they know has tested positive for COVID-19
Fragrances: Please refrain from wearing fragrances or other strong-scented body or hair products while visiting this office.
Insurance: Many private health plans cover Registered Massage Therapy. Please check with your insurer to confirm your coverage and any requirements they may have. You do not need a physician’s referral to see us, but your plan may require one for coverage. You will find your therapist’s College of Massage Therapists Registration number on your receipt — which your insurer requires for treatment coverage.
Wendy McLean is an Opted-Out practitioner under BCMSP, so you are required to pay for your treatment directly; billing to MSP is submitted for you and if you qualify under Premium (low income) Assistance , MSP will then reimburse you $23 per visit — usually in 2–3 weeks by mail.
Patients eligible for MSP Coverage under Premium Assistance will have 10 treatments per calendar year partially covered under their BC CareCard. This includes any combination of treatments from a Registered Massage Therapist, Physiotherapist or other supplementary health benefit (e.g. chiropractic, acupuncture, naturopathy and non-surgical podiatry). Please inquire with BCMSP directly to confirm your coverage under Premium Assistance if you are unsure about your coverage under this program.
QUESTIONS? Please do not hesitate to contact me (best by email) at: wendy m rmt at g mail dot com.
Planet – Friendly: Body: Healthy maintains eco-responsible practices. The office is free of all toxins and fragrances as possible. Body: Healthy also practices:
- use of recycled paper, packaging material, and other recycled products
- recycle and reuse where possible, zero waste goal
- use only biodegradable cleansers and other products
- support local and environmentally responsible businesses
- recycle electronic hardware and batteries in a safe, eco-friendly manner
- donate and actively involved in environmental and social justice activities
- use high-efficiency electrical, electronic products and appliances and employ energy-saving practices as possible
- use water-efficient products and appliances and water-saving practices as possible
- choose products and materials of lower embodied energy where possible